1. About the organisation :
SOCIAL LAWS TODAY is an idea of integrating tremendous knowledge and information amongst the entire legal fraternity. We are an emerging legal blog having more than 50,000 website views per month, both nationally and internationally.
Our mission is to provide a platform that can assist people to connect with Law and provide a basic conceptualization of various imperative laws, irrespective of any particular profession.
We are not affiliated to any political organization and Stands for Independent writing.
We are Aiming to integrate a global Society of Young Lawyer, Law Students, Jurists, Professors and the entire legal fraternity into one platform, where debates come to a specific conclusion through writings.
We have prominent advocates and academicians working with us as advisors and editors.
1. Details about the event/opportunity
Monthly Article writing competition SocialLawsToday is delighted to announce a Monthly Article writing competition.
Every Month we will select the Best 30 articles for Publication, from which, Top 2 articles will be rewarded 2000 Rupees each and the article ranking in the 3rd Position will get 1000 Rupees.
It can be any informative article on Indian or foreign laws. i.e https://sociallawstoday.com/golden-rule-of-interpretation-and-cases/ . It includes any article on the legal system, critique, legal career, legal profession and judicial pronouncement, i.e., case comment, Law college assignments etc.
The remaining 27 articles along with the winner’s articles will be featured in Social Laws Today Blog and provided with a Certificate of Publication and recommendation letter. Authors of the Top 5 articles will get Internship opportunities with Social Laws Today and associated organisations.
One person can submit more than one article. One other Co-author is allowed.
However, only one article among all the submitted articles by an individual or co-authors in a month will be considered for the prize money.
But, submitting more articles for the Monthly Article writing competition will definitely increase your chances of winning.
if any article is submitted at the end of a month, the article might qualify for the upcoming month’s competition.
2. The idea behind the Competition :
This way we want to contribute our part in building the atmosphere of legal content writing.
• Students get paid for their efforts.
• Can support their pocket money.
• Legal awareness among the masses would increase through your legally informative articles.
This further encourages good legal writers to write more frequently and make more legal information and knowledge universally accessible.
Below attached all information related to the competition. In case of query, you can mail us at
[email protected] or call us at 8427986070- Associate Tshewang Dema.
3. Topics :
Submissions on any legal topic will be accepted. We would also consider articles on the legal industry, legal career, the legal profession, law school, Case comments etc.
It can be any informative article on Indian or foreign laws. i.e
https://sociallawstoday.com/golden-rule-of-interpretation-and-cases/ . It includes any article on the legal system, critique, legal career, legal profession and judicial pronouncement, i.e., case comment, Law college assignments etc.
4. Word Limit :
The article should be a minimum of 1500 words (there is no maximum word limit).
5. Assessment Criteria for Monthly Article writing competition at Sociallawstoday.com
We consider it a sign that your piece is well accepted if more people read it, enjoy it, interact with it, share it, and comment on it, apart from the quality of the article.
And, It may so happen that we do not find 3 articles to select because they do not meet the following criteria, in which case we will not consider sub-par articles for the rewards. We may announce
2 or fewer winners or even none at all if the articles do not meet quality standards.
Your articles will be marked on the following points. You should meet the following standards in order to qualify to win:
1. The plagiarism report will be checked. Plagiarism above 20% will lead to immediate disqualification. If we even find out about plagiarism, we will immediately blacklist you and revoke your winner status.
2. Footnotes should be properly mentioned. (https://ili.ac.in/footnoting12.pdf)
bluebook.pdf) or any standard formatting.
3. If help is taken from online resources, the Url of the source should be properly mentioned.
4. Easier to read, better chances of winning.
5. The article should meet professional standards and be of publishable quality.
6. It should be detailed. Answer all the questions that may come to one’s mind regarding the topic.
7. Information and law should be accurate. If this criterion is not met, we cannot select your article.
8. There must be sufficient examples. We would appreciate it if there are accompanying PPTs, videos, tables, charts, infographics, etc. to explain the concept completely. Please do not violate someone else’s copyright for this. That would get you disqualified.
9. Inconsistent technical terms should not be used in the document.
10. Proper headings and subheadings. More headings and subheadings and bullet points you put, the better chance of winning, because we love well-structured articles.
11. You should avoid over-exaggeration or over-explanation of concepts.
12. The article should be in proper flow. Paragraphs/ sentences/ headings/ sub-headings
(select as appropriate) should be connected with the previous and subsequent
paragraph/ sentence/ heading/ sub-heading (select as appropriate).
13. All the judgments or statutory instruments should be hyperlinked.
14. Editor’s discretion is final regarding winners.
Refer to these articles to understand what we consider a good article.
Also, read these articles as they may help you a great deal.
6. Who is it for/eligibility
Any person who wants to submit an article on a legal topic which meets the below-mentioned
criteria is eligible to submit the article for the competition.
An article published in a particular week will be eligible to be considered for the competition
during that week only and for no other week.
7. Location (country/state/city)
8. Registration/submission procedure/ Date of Submission
The 30th of every month will be considered the last day of submission for that month. All the
articles submitted after the 30th will by default be considered for next month. This is a monthly
Mail your write-ups on Email Id: [email protected] / [email protected]
9. Fee details (if any)
10. Prizes (if any)
• The top 2 submissions of every month will get a cash prize of Rs. 2000 each.
• Top 3rd submission will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000 each month.\
• The top 30 Submissions will be published on our website Social Laws Today and get
the e-certificate of publication.
• Top authors will be added to an official wall of fame each month.
• The top 5 authors will get a chance to intern with Social Laws Today.
• Internships at law firms that would partner with us to provide internships to winners.
• Your Articles will be indexed on google and read by thousands of readers.
The 30th of every month will be considered the last day of submission for that month. All the articles submitted after the 30th will by default be considered for next month. This is a monthly competition.
12. Contact information
Tshewang Dema, Associate, Sociallawstoday.com:
13. Official link
Disclaimer : “The information and views presented at this event are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal, financial, or professional advice. Any decisions made based on information provided at the event are the sole responsibility of the attendee. The Abhidhvaj Law Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information provided at this event, and we will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, damages, or expenses arising from its use.