ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS & PATENT FILING in collaboration with GURUGRAM UNIVERSITY under the aegis of CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND PUBLIC POLICY, IILM UNIVERSITY.
31ST AUGUST 2023, THURSDAY
ORGANIZED BY IILM LAW SCHOOL, IILM UNIVERSITY GURUGRAM.
Prof. (Dr) Ranbir Singh
Pro-Chancellor, IILM University, Gurugram
Prof. (Dr) Sujata Shahi
Vice-Chancellor, IILM University, Gurugram
Prof. (Dr) Dinesh Kumar
Vice-Chancellor, Gurugram University, Gurugram
Dr Komal, Professor, IILM Law School
Dr. Ayushi Aggarwal, Asst. Professor, IILM Law School
Dr. Renu Chaudhary, Asst. Professor, Gurugram University
About the IILM Law School: ILM law school is a research-oriented institution providing global legal education. We provide five-year integrated BA LLB (Honours) and BBA LLB (Honours), one year LLM and PhD(Law). We have tie-ups with international law universities, reputed NGOs, corporate houses and law firms to give extensive exposure to our students. The school has recognition from the Bar Council of India and the University Grants Commission. Located in the heart of Gurugram, it was established in the year 2019 and is presently under the leadership of our Chancellor Dr SY Qureshi (Former Chief Election Commissioner of India), Pro-Chancellor Prof. (Dr) Ranbir Singh (Founder and Former Vice Chancellor NALSAR Hyderabad and National Law University Delhi), Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr) Sujata Shahi and Director Prof. (Dr) Asha Verma. IILM Law School ensures that students understand and work with the legal system by enhancing their abilities to write and speak influentially, anticipate outcomes analytically, and use creativity and cognitive flexibility to solve legal problems.
About CRPP: The Centre for Research and Public Policy (CRPP) is the centre dedicated to conducting research that contributes to high-quality scholarship, better policies, and a more robust public discourse about the issues that impact life in India. CRPP brings together India’s best thinkers and policy practitioners who are at the forefront of both research and engagement in the policy space, drawing from various disciplines and professional backgrounds. CRPP conducts advanced and in-depth research on a wide range of policy-relevant issues, with a focus on India’s 21st-century challenges. Through its research and policymaking engagements, CRPP works closely with policymakers in its aim to place India firmly on the path of building a twenty-first-century policy ecosystem. The centre nurtures and supports scholarly excellence.
About Gurugram University: Gurugram University is planning to be one of the most prestigious universities in Haryana and is likely to be a microcosm of the Indian nation, drawing students from every nook and corner of the country and from every group and stratum of society. The university has started functioning from the campus of newly constructed Rao Tula Ram College of Science and Commerce. The university believes in creating evangelists of knowledge; people who spread the light quite literally. Gurugram University aims to produce among the best-in-class knowledge creators, problem solvers and process managers- who will display deep social, cultural, ecological and national sensibility- and collaborative leaders and responsible citizens. The University offers scholarships to help in character-building, skill enhancement and nation-building.
Intellectual Property Rights play an important role in the development of the country by protecting the ideas and inventions of innovative entrepreneurs. It plays a crucial role in fostering innovation, creativity, and economic growth by providing incentives for individuals, businesses, and organizations to invest in the development of new ideas, inventions, and creative works. An effective IP system in a country helps in attracting more technology, new products and collaborations between companies. Developing new technologies, products, or creative works often requires substantial investments in terms of time, money, and expertise. IPR provides a means to protect these investments from unauthorized use or replication by competitors. Hence, it is very important to address the issues to help new projects and endeavours as well sustain the existing entrepreneurs such as Patent and Design. It is relevant to discuss the challenges extensively on the issues relating to the grant of Patent and find pragmatic and lasting solutions to overcome those challenges. The workshop is a valuable opportunity to learn about the various aspects of intellectual property, its importance, and how it can be effectively managed and protected. It typically aims to achieve several key objectives to educate participants about the intricacies of patent systems, their significance, and how to effectively navigate them.
With this purpose, IILM University in collaboration with Gurugram University is conducting a workshop on Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Filing on 31st August, 2023 in offline mode.
· To promote the development of infrastructural facilities for registration of intellectual property by facilitating the improvement of legal, institutional and administrative framework.
· To stimulate the creation and growth of intellectual property by undertaking relevant measures.
· To familiarize the participants with the legal framework and regulations surrounding intellectual property rights in their jurisdiction.
· To learn the rights and responsibilities of creators and owners, as well as the steps involved in obtaining and enforcing intellectual property protection.
· To provide participants with a clear understanding of what patents are, their types, and the fundamental concepts associated with patent protection.
· To educate participants on how to evaluate whether an invention is eligible for patent protection based on criteria such as novelty, non-obviousness, and utility.
· To demonstrate the importance of identifying existing technologies that could affect the patentability of their inventions.
· To Provide insights into crafting comprehensive and clear patent applications that meet the standards of patent offices.
· Learn how to identify valuable IP assets and use IP rights strategically for business growth and protection.
· Improved skills in protecting and managing intellectual property.
· Helps participants navigate the complex landscape of intellectual property rights.
· Detailed discussion on patents, including the patent application process.
· Understanding the criteria for patentability (novelty, non-obviousness, utility).
· Exploring the benefits and challenges of obtaining a patent.
· To convert the project/research works into patents.
The workshop is open to academicians, entrepreneurs, researchers, industry professionals, IP Practitioners, IP lawyers, MSME and Startup owners, inventors, and anyone interested in the subject.
28 August, 2023
One Day Workshop
31 August, 2023
11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Link for Registration: Interested candidates may register through the link provided.
Registration Fee: Rs. 200/-*
Registered candidates will receive online certificates.
Paytm Wallet 9818427277
Venue: IILM University, 1, Knowledge Center, Golf Course Rd, IILM Institute, Sector 53, Gurugram, Haryana 122011
Email: [email protected]
DOWNLOAD FULL BROCHURE – CLICK HERE